Windows 7 64 Bit HELP topic

Talk about anything here.

Moderator: The Forum Group

PaCmAn

Windows 7 64 Bit HELP topic

Post by PaCmAn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:53 am

HELP

I just got a new PC with windows 7 64 bit, and I have a problem:

When I goto a folder I can't move any of the files around in the folder (you know: To gather the files you need to e.g. move some where else)

Yes, I know about the control button, but that is NOT what I am talking about here.

Thank you for the help.
A SUN CULT + WORLD DOMINATION = "THE NEW WORLD ORDER"
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > > LISTEN TO ALEX JONES RIGHT NOW - CLICK HERE < < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

syahmixp

Re: Windows 7 64 Bit HELP topic

Post by syahmixp » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 am

[0][1][2][3][4][5][6]

Last edited by syahmixp on Tue June 29, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 2456421 times in total.

PaCmAn

Post by PaCmAn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:12 pm

no, thats not a problem... I also have a problem with my icons at the desktop that keeps getting mixed up and "replaced" all over - but I think thats an nVIDIA problem? Maby I should use ATI instead?

Anyway: This is what I would like to be able to do:

To move files around in the folder from this:

to this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > > LISTEN TO ALEX JONES RIGHT NOW - CLICK HERE < < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

syahmixp

Post by syahmixp » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 pm

I don't think you can do that in win 7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fe ... _Windows_7 :
Disabling Auto Arrange and Align to Grid is not available in Windows Explorer windows. As a result, users can no longer manually arrange items via drag and drop within a folder; this feature is only available on the desktop.
[0][1][2][3][4][5][6]

Last edited by syahmixp on Tue June 29, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 2456421 times in total.

PaCmAn

Post by PaCmAn » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:02 am

ok, thanks for the reply.

... BUT: Is it possible there will be a fix for this, or is it the update rate that make this impossible? Maby you can come up with a fix for this like the update of the chat :-D `???

syahmixp

Post by syahmixp » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:45 am

Maybe by copying windows xp explorer to windows 7 can fix this... :grin:
[0][1][2][3][4][5][6]