HELP WANTED (advertising for this forum)

Talk about anything here.

Moderator: The Forum Group

PaCmAn

HELP WANTED (advertising for this forum)

Post by PaCmAn » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:22 pm

HELP WANTED:

I have been thinking about online advertising for this forum, so if any of you know about where to go for the best deal, please let me know AND: If you have any ideas for a forum ad banner, layout, what pixel size to use etc. please let me know here or on PM !!! Thank you.
A SUN CULT + WORLD DOMINATION = "THE NEW WORLD ORDER"
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > > LISTEN TO ALEX JONES RIGHT NOW - CLICK HERE < < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

em01he

Re: HELP WANTED (advertising for this forum)

Post by em01he » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:45 pm

User and helper since 2 years back.

PaCmAn

Post by PaCmAn » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:24 pm

i have heard about them before, i have created accounts on many of these sites but dont use adbrite atm. Why? Do you know them and their prices?
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > > LISTEN TO ALEX JONES RIGHT NOW - CLICK HERE < < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

em01he

Post by em01he » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:47 pm

I don't know anything about their prices. I just looked up some and they came up.

Maybe google ads? :P

DeathToll

Post by DeathToll » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 pm

The best way of advertisement would be to advertise in other forums with a larger userbase; that being said it can only be done subtly since most moderators do not tolerate a straight up: HEY COME TO THIS FORUM.

usually in topics, you can post the link to example.com/relevanttopic/thread/n353.html or something along that format, especially if you're arguing something.

Or you could spend money for internet advertising, but really you might be attracting the "wrong" crowd in many ways - trolls and so forth, bannings would sky-rocket and people would begin to (pardon my language) shit up the forums with irrelevant "garbage".

However that is a risk you might have to take if you want a larger userbase, especially in regards to the NWO and so-forth.
The true teacher is the one within

em01he

Post by em01he » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:57 pm

DeathToll wrote:The best way of advertisement would be to advertise in other forums with a larger userbase; that being said it can only be done subtly since most moderators do not tolerate a straight up: HEY COME TO THIS FORUM.

usually in topics, you can post the link to example.com/relevanttopic/thread/n353.html or something along that format, especially if you're arguing something.

Or you could spend money for internet advertising, but really you might be attracting the "wrong" crowd in many ways - trolls and so forth, bannings would sky-rocket and people would begin to (pardon my language) shit up the forums with irrelevant "garbage".

However that is a risk you might have to take if you want a larger userbase, especially in regards to the NWO and so-forth.
We're planning on putting more spam controls on the forum. We're also planning on changing forum to Phorum which I suggested and ads would be easier to have on it since I could have them on a static location on the side making users see the ads at all time increasing the possibility of users clicking the ads.

I think that we have a large enough userquota we just need the users to come back to the site more often. In approximately two months I will be releasing the next version of [insert name here] which is like PacSteam but a lot more user friendly.

PaCmAn

Post by PaCmAn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 pm

em01he wrote:
DeathToll wrote:The best way of advertisement would be to advertise in other forums with a larger userbase; that being said it can only be done subtly since most moderators do not tolerate a straight up: HEY COME TO THIS FORUM.

Or you could spend money for Internet advertising, but really you might be attracting the "wrong" crowd in many ways - trolls and so forth, bannings would sky-rocket and people would begin to (pardon my language) shit up the forums with irrelevant "garbage".

We're planning on putting more spam controls on the forum. We're also planning on changing forum to Phorum which I suggested and ads would be easier to have on it since I could have them on a static location on the side making users see the ads at all time increasing the possibility of users clicking the ads.

I think that we have a large enough userquota we just need the users to come back to the site more often. In approximately two months I will be releasing the next version of [insert name here] which is like PacSteam but a lot more user friendly.
yes, spam in here have been a pest lately, but if I increase the current security, people simply just can't read the letters and numbers at all :-(

If you want to create a "rival" client to pacsteam and post it in here with a support link to your own forum (like e.g. Steam006) be my guest.

I am happy for all your work and help in here, but you (or anyone else) are not going to use this forum as a platform just to redirect users, just to be clear. :hello:

em01he

Post by em01he » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:22 pm

PaCmAn wrote:
em01he wrote:

Or you could spend money for Internet advertising, but really you might be attracting the "wrong" crowd in many ways - trolls and so forth, bannings would sky-rocket and people would begin to (pardon my language) shit up the forums with irrelevant "garbage".

yes, spam in here have been a pest lately, but if I increase the current security, people simply just can't read the letters and numbers at all :-(

If you want to create a "rival" client to pacsteam and post it in here with a support link to your own forum (like e.g. Steam006) be my guest.

I am happy for all your work and help in here, but you (or anyone else) are not going to use this forum as a platform just to redirect users, just to be clear. :hello:
Actually I was thinking of having it on your forum not my own. And with the spam thing recaptcha is easy to read and kills the spam bots.

PaCmAn

Post by PaCmAn » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:10 pm

em01he wrote:
Actually I was thinking of having it on your forum not my own. And with the spam thing recaptcha is easy to read and kills the spam bots.
ok? You just asked me where to get hosting that would allow you to host warez, thats why I said as I did. You can post anything you want in here, because it is already paid for hosting. If I knew how to, I would be able to host your forum here as a sub-domain without problems, but I don't know how and that is the only reason why I didn't offered it to you. I don't even know how to get recaptcha, only that I have to register some where in order to get it for free :-D

em01he

Post by em01he » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:55 pm

PaCmAn wrote:
em01he wrote:
ok? You just asked me where to get hosting that would allow you to host warez, thats why I said as I did. You can post anything you want in here, because it is already paid for hosting. If I knew how to, I would be able to host your forum here as a sub-domain without problems, but I don't know how and that is the only reason why I didn't offered it to you. I don't even know how to get recaptcha, only that I have to register some where in order to get it for free :-D
Well if you are hosing with Supremebytes that I think that you are, they are saying that you get unlimited Subdomains, I don't really need one but I would just like to have it on your forum. If you want any help with the hosting I'm here to help. I'm pretty experienced in Web hosting and programming in php, html, and css.
Sent you a PM about some private stuff.

qwertyuu

Post by qwertyuu » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:38 am

Please, pacman, PLEASE don't use ads that pops up or are part of threads... PLEASE!

Drak3

Post by Drak3 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Why i cant download farming simulator 2011? :scratch: i get error. Look at picture
http://www.part.lt/perziura/e37c8c05b4d ... 272885.png

PaCmAn

Post by PaCmAn » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:59 pm

Why do you ask about games here? ? ? ?
qwertyuu wrote:Please, pacman, PLEASE don't use ads that pops up or are part of threads... PLEASE!
No, I talk about getting ads for my forum to be posted at other sites, just like I run ads for others..... This is the way to get more people to visit, but just dont know just how to get this done the best way. I am going to design the ad when I know how it works.

hardbassbv

Post by hardbassbv » Sun May 06, 2012 10:09 pm

I think that too mutch attention will result in the same as alteriwnet did.

PaCmAn

Post by PaCmAn » Sun May 06, 2012 10:50 pm

hardbassbv wrote:I think that too mutch attention will result in the same as alteriwnet did.
I am not going to host any servers OR upload warez etc. to my host here - redirecting links is another story, and it isn't that big a deal really.